Did you mean: 

Windows 11???

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
james.ward3LWY2
59286 Views, 42 Replies

Windows 11???

Hi all quick question does anybody know if I update my windows os from 10 to 11 (once it is available) whether my autodesk software will run without any problems in windows 11 or if it will cause a problem?

42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43

I have updated to Windows 11 and I have had problems with Autocad 2021, not with Revit 2020, which behaves completely stable for the tasks that I usually require. I hope it helps some user who is thinking of updating their windows.

By the way I updated it on an HP Envy notebook with an Intel I7 processor, 16ghz ram, according to the Windows software it does not support the update

Message 22 of 43

Hello, I am writing from November 13. Is autocad software now compatible with windows 11

Message 23 of 43
cadffm
in reply to: james.ward3LWY2

Hi,

the time only, doesn't fix software problems 😉

AutoDESK says yes, ACAD 2021/2022 is ready for win11.

But again, just time or words can't change problems.

Your choice, use your 30days test time on a win11 system.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous

I am currently running the latest version of Win 11 using fusion 360, the previous post i made was when windows was in community builds, every time they updated it Autodesk Fusion would simply fail on security issues ans authentication as I understand that windows would update the security authentication protocols and Autodesk would not update.

Since stopping the community builds and having a final release version its been stable and seems to be able to take the windows updates.

I don't use AutoCAD so I couldn't give a definite answer to it, but if Fusion wasn't working and now is I would assume and or presume AutoCAD would work as well.

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: fatal.error

Goodmorning everyone.
I'm Italian, Sorry for my English.
I have a latest generation computer that fully meets the requirements of Windows 11, in this period I am testing the new operating system.
I have encountered the same problem you reported with the 2021 version of AutoCAD on Windows 11.
Today I can confirm that this problem you have reported also occurs on other recent software that is not part of the AUTODESK family.
In conclusion, I can confirm that you still have to wait a few months (or years) before switching to the new version of the WINDOWS 11 operating system.

Message 26 of 43
Marieth11
in reply to: cheryl.buck

Hi Cheryl,

I just buy a new computer and is asking me if a want to change to Windows 11. By this time, it's working well for it, for AutoCAD? I got an educational lincense.
Message 27 of 43
pendean
in reply to: Marieth11

@Marieth11 Avoid Win11 for now.
Message 28 of 43
Marieth11
in reply to: pendean

Thank you!
Message 29 of 43

I have found out that it is not only Autodesk products.  It has something to do with old menus set up or something like it.  It looks more like a Windows 11 issue that has not been addressed by Microsoft.

Message 30 of 43
ricardojmendieta
in reply to: pendean

tried with out any solution

Message 31 of 43

@james.ward3LWY2 

I upgraded my Win10 to Win11, 2 or 3 months ago. Everything seems fine so far. None of my Autodesk Software -Revit, CAD, FormIt, and Advanced Steel- encountered any problem of any kind.

Message 32 of 43

Hi,

just my 2c ... working with Windows 11 now for 3 weeks, AutoCAD 2021 and AutoCAD 2022 (as well as Map 3D and Civil 3D) are working well.

The only issue I have is as shown in post 15 here with comboboxes having shadowed text from other controls. But this is a Windows bug as this happens in MS-Office too (and as this happens in other Microsoft products too I'm assuming a fix will be available soon). At least I can work with these shadowed text, it's not a real stopper.

Important as I have read it here: I never update a Windows, because then the system has a state of mixed drivers and this is not the same stable situation as you have when installing Windows 11 from scratch (format partition and install inside this new partition) and load/install all drivers that are really build for Windows 11.

For me it works well, for some missing things in Windows 11 (e.g. taskbar, start-menu) there exist tools or reg-settings to get it working well, at least for me.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 33 of 43

For everyone on this post / topic

AutoCad software works completly fine on windows 11

Message 34 of 43
RSomppi

@james.ward3LWY2 wrote:

For everyone on this post / topic

AutoCad software works completly fine on windows 11

Apparently not for everyone. The smart money is on waiting.

Message 35 of 43
BradJ3Y65
in reply to: RSomppi

It is still not officially supported. If you are in a production environment support will be limited if you are using Win11.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System... 

Message 36 of 43
cadffm
in reply to: BradJ3Y65

@BradJ3Y65 wrote:

It is still not officially supported

It is! But it isn't listed as system requirement.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Wil...

And as usual, supported or ofdficial supported doesn't mean "all works well",

with no AutoCAD Version and no windows Version, (n)ever.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 37 of 43

I have Windows 11 with AutoCAD Mechanical 2022 running, but for the life of me cannot get the Autodesk Desktop App to install.  Any ideas?

Message 38 of 43

Hi,

>> cannot get the Autodesk Desktop App to install

Works well on my system.

What happens/what do you see when you try it?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 39 of 43

System requirements for AutoCAD 2022 including Specialized Toolsets (Windows):
Operating System 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 11 and Windows 10

Message 40 of 43

After my early adoption of Windows 11 and many many updates, this morning I was able to install Autodesk Desktop App. version 8.2.0.34.  YAY

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report