Did you mean: 

Windows 10 compatibility

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
esauvinetKFAAQ
16790 Views, 9 Replies

Windows 10 compatibility

I just upgraded to windows 10 (64 Bit from 32 Bit operating system. When I tried to reinstall my AutoCAD 2008 on the new system I received an error message.The program was not compadable with 64 OS. My question is there a way to make my 32 bit software install on the 64 Bit system? Thanks for your consideration. Eric

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

When you bought AutoCAD you've got both versions, 32bit and 64bit, just install from the 64bit dvd.

If there is any other need to stay at 32bit there where some suggestions that >>>this software (Longbow)<<< can convert the setup-files to make it installable.

But at least: AutoCAD 2008 is not supported on Windows 10, if you get it installed you can't be sure that it will work without issues.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
pendean
in reply to: esauvinetKFAAQ

Win10 supported versions of AutoCAD does not include R2008 as noted here http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X
Message 4 of 10

Alfred: Thank you for your answer.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

have some lost files, tool catalogs, i think i would like to uninstall & reinstall my self, were do i find the 64 bit installation on my dvd. i had help before editing to install the 32 bit on my windows 7, worked fine up till a couple months ago, been limping along ever since. thanks.

carl

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> were do i find the 64 bit installation on my dvd

You should find all your setup content in the Autodesk subscription center: http://manage.autodesk.com

If not then contact your reseller if he has the version you need.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for info dude

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I never received a 64 bit DVD, just the 32 bit, can I still get a 64 bit for this vers.. thanks.

Carl

Message 9 of 10
tom
Community Visitor
in reply to: pendean

Can't you edit the .msi file with orca.msi from Microsoft. Then edit the the setup.ini with notepad? I think you just eliminate references to 64 bit.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Jul 4, 2015 - Turn off Windows Updates in Windows 10. You can do this by disabling the Windows Update Service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Windows Services Manager. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the Service.How to Stop Windows Update in Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report