Did you mean: 

Will AutoCAD run on my current laptop?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
24047 Views, 8 Replies

Will AutoCAD run on my current laptop?

Hello all and thank you for all the answers in advance. I currently have an Acer Aspire ES1 laptop that has 4GB of DDR3 low voltage RAM and an Intel Celeron Processor (N2840 model). I'm going into my first year of engineering school and was wondering if AutoCAD will run on this laptop like previsouly listed above. If it doesn't run please reccommend a laptop that isn't too expensive that will run AutoCAD. Thanks again!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all and thank you for all the answers in advance. I currently have an Acer Aspire ES1 laptop that has 4GB of DDR3 low voltage RAM and an Intel Celeron Processor (N2840 model). I'm going into my first year of engineering school and was wondering if AutoCAD will run on this laptop like previsouly listed above. If it doesn't run please reccommend a laptop that isn't too expensive that will run AutoCAD. Thanks again!

Go DL the trial version and give it a shot.  

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Test it for yourself: here is the trial download, you can use it for 30-days http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial
Message 4 of 9
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: pendean

...and when the 30-day trial is up, simply use your Free student Serial Number from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity to Activate your Free 3-yr student license.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Test it for yourself: here is the trial download, you can use it for 30-days http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/free-trial

and my laptop has 2GB RAM and an Intel Celeron Processor (N2050 model). 

i just installed the trial version above. But, it didn`t work. I wonder, which version of Auto CAD that compatible with my current laptop (?). thank you for your kind reply. 

have a nice weekend

Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

>> But, it didn`t work

"It does not work" does not give us any information about the reason. It might be just a Windows setting or driver issue that - if repaired - makes AutoCAD working.

Let is know why you think AutoCAD is not working, was the installation successful or not, what do you click, what do you get as info, what can you see in screen ... and then we can give you information's about which AutoCAD would work or not.

Let us also know a bit about the environment: what operating system do you have, what graphic card do you have (and driver version).

Whereas 2GB is nowadays quite few.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hi, will autocad run on my current laptop : Lenovo ideapad 110 15IBR ?.
Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Hi, will autocad run on my current laptop : Lenovo ideapad 110 15IBR ?.

Download and install the trial and then test it with your drawings.

I would say AutoCAD should start, but with just 4GB memory, only an Intel graphic board, ... it is not an CAD-laptop.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

The configuration is really on the low end for running AutoCAD successfully.  Here are the official system requirements but keep in mind that these are MINIMUM requirements.

Trials can be dowloaded here and here is a tool that will help to determine if your system is prepared for the install.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta