Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why AutoCAD 2015 is still not HiDPI compatible?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
knmdk
20922 Views, 26 Replies

Why AutoCAD 2015 is still not HiDPI compatible?

Hey Charlie Crocker & Rob Maguire of Autodesk,

I guess you did something wrong because a $4200 program shouldn't look like this on a $4000 laptop with the latest Windows 8.1 on board:

Capture.PNG

GUI isn't just about color of background these days. Seriously it took you 1 year to change background color and re-make tabs? Please call developers of AutoCAD 2014 for Mac and tell them show you what GUI should look on a modern HiDPI display: right font sizes, full interface scalability, crisp icons. You surely called them when you were copying thier UI icons so don't tell me you haven't got right number. Believe me Rob this screen shot up here isn't a way AutoCAD should "truly take advantage of the graphics hardware available in the latest computers" (your quote). My notebook 1,5 years old and, well... I guess you're missing something. 

It's simply patheric how little Autodesk can deliver in a year of hard work. Do you even think on how strongly your real development progress & quality affects all parts of future of society? If you place yourself in position of leader of CAD you should meet the highest development standards before most users think of it.

Cheers!

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
BillGlennie
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your observations on the appearance of AutoCAD on high resolution displays. The development team is looking for comments about your experience with setting the Windows display scale to 150% or more, to accommodate newer monitors. Please take this quick survey (5 minutes), if you have tried to use AutoCAD this way.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Bill Glennie, on behalf of the AutoCAD Team

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: BillGlennie

Hi Bill,

Changing the display scale or the resolution doesn't seem to make any difference to the interface, the fonts are still randomly sized and everything is scaled strangely. 

Is there any chance an update is coming soon to accommodate high res computers? 

Thanks very much,

Josh

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous

Is there any chance an update is coming soon to accommodate high res computers? 

No, 2017 does not support HiDPI either.

Message 24 of 27
pendean
Message 25 of 27
BillGlennie
in reply to: BillGlennie

The link below is intended to be used only once.  Here is an unlimited link:

https://autodeskfeedback.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eDqoKQe8KIZZXvf

Apologies for the error.  

Thank you,  Bill

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 26 of 27
travis
in reply to: pendean

I need more help than the link, I got step one, but where do I put the doc and what do I put in it for 2016C3D

Message 27 of 27
hibrahim395YY
in reply to: pendean

hi

thanks for the tip

would you please explain which file to be copy and pasted for Cad or Civil 3D same kind of problem

hope you may attach the file and give more detail about the text file location

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta