Did you mean: 

White layer show as black in model tab

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
10629 Views, 5 Replies

White layer show as black in model tab

I already tried to restore background to many different colors, I know the color of the layer is white but it shows as black and it's annoying me. Anyone can help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I know the color of the layer is white but it shows as black

Color 7 is always an inverted value of the background, working with a dark background means you get that shown as white, using a white background shows this as black, printing on paper (which is white by default) will create black results.

What is your goal? To display the geometry in the same way as on the paper? Then change your display background to white, color 255,255,255 (in the options that you already have shown in your screenshot).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Until yesterday it was showing the color like img 1, today it is showing like img 2 with the same black or dark background color. I know the color is correct, but it is just annoying me to see it as black when I was supposed to see it as white, like yesterday and before that. I don't know if i did something to change it and then I could change it back so i would like to know how or if it is just an autocad bug

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Until yesterday it was showing the color like img 1,

>> today it is showing like img 2

• With the same drawing?
  • With the same AutoCAD profile (without changing settings in the options)?
    With the same visual style?

I guess any of the 3 situations changed.

>> it is just annoying me to see it as black when

>> I was supposed to see it as white

Am I correct that you don't want to plot lines in white?

Anyway, color 7 has this effect, it is dependent on the background (depended on the background for each type if visual style). That it shows "white" or "black" depending on the background is how it worked for centuries now.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

With the same drawing? Yes

With the same AutoCAD profile (without changing settings in the options)? Yes
With the same visual style? Yes

Same computer, same everything, I believe it could be a bug. I'm going to try to reinstall autocad.

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I believe it could be a bug

No, there does not exist any reason that a bug appear today that was not there yesterday (if nothing changed to dwg, to AutoCAD profile and to operating system and workstation).

>> I'm going to try to reinstall autocad.

I would not do that (as I'm sure it is dependent on options and visual style).

Please start command _OPTIONS, and make sure that "2D model space" ==> "uniform background" is set to "black" ... as shown in that screenshot:

20190901_201005_0001.png

Now create a new drawing, based on ACADISO.DWT or ACAD.DWT (assuming you have NOT changed that templates)

What color does the layer 0 now have?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report