Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which program is best for creating simple plumbing and electrical line diagrams to use with existing .dwg files.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
739 Views, 1 Reply

Which program is best for creating simple plumbing and electrical line diagrams to use with existing .dwg files.

I have just started with a company that uses .dwg files for cabinet installs. However, they do not use the electrical and plumbing layers for equipment requirements. I am looking for a easy way to create and add these layers for each project. These are very basic requirements but they do need to be very specific and the contractors doing the installs are not always very technical so I need to be able to make it as easy as possible for them. I really only need to create a couple of templates that can be reused and tweaked for each project. I don't have much experience with AutoCad but I understand what needs to be done and am willing to put in the work to learn the program. Any suggestions are welcome. Except "have your cad guy do it". We only have one guy who works on our plans and he's so far behind he doesn't have time to get into this and he really doesn't understand what needs to be done so it really is just easier for me to learn and do it myself. 

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Take a picture of what you are describing the cabinets and the electrical/plumbing diagrams and post it here.

If only lines and symbols you need then plain Autocad or Autocad LT can do it for cheaper price.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report