Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite Block Library source?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
5239 Views, 11 Replies

What is your favorite Block Library source?

Does anyone know of some good block libraries that have furniture, kitchen appliances, etc? I found some stuff by google search but does anyone have a favorite place to go to get some good residential architectural blocks? I will be doing some more residential projects & i am looking for kitchen appliances, counters, sinks as well as tables, chairs, sofas, etc.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you looked at BIMobjects.com?  Otherwise, I like to go to manufacturer's sites. For instance, for furniture I like Haworth, Steelcase, Herman Miller, Knoll, etc.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 12
beyoungjr

If you want official blocks from a somewhat centralized source you can create an account at Sweets.com (by McGraw-Hill).  Architectural specifications and drawing details are linked from this site.  This is the online version of the 40+ volume green hard-bound books that used to be in every Architects office.

I use a free site for basic full-scale blocks for my students, www.cadcorner.ca has a bunch of useful generic blocks.

I'll be interested to see what others provide for sources as well.

Cheers,

Blaine

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: beyoungjr

Thats interesting. Those are the same blocks i found online at another site. Yeah i was just looking for some generic blocks for kitchen counters, cabinets, etc. as well as sofas, chairs for residential projects. I used to have some years ago but i lost them

Message 5 of 12
Kent1Cooper

I generally dip into their Discussion Forum now and then, rather than for getting such things, but CADFORUM has quite a large library of Blocks [the link is to just the Architectural category].

Another I've been aware of is CADBLOCKSFREE.  Just putting something like "free CAD Blocks" into a web search leads to all kinds of things -- for example, FirstInArchitecture appears to have a lot of what you're after, including entire categories with their own pages for just Sofas and Couches, just Beds, just Kitchen elements, etc.

Be conscious of the fact that what you get from some sources will be in Imperial units, and from others in Metric, and very likely from some in a mix.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Those are pretty good. i will look through everything but it looks like what i was after. i was hoping to find something where i didn't have to download a bunch of stuff to my computer

Message 7 of 12
Johanna_Esteban

Hello,

I work designing with kitchen, baths, closet and laundry zone since some years, i have a library with all types of blocks, but sincerely, the better are these that you create.

I could send you a few of them, but the best are for 2D and are dynamic blocks.

I want to know if you need 3D or 2d Blocks, and the units because maybe you works in inches and in this case is necessary to configure the files ans the units.

However, as mentioned by @john.vellek, the best manufacturers have available on their website files for users who wish to download them, whether it be for AutoCAD, Revit, SkechUP, 3D Max, etc.

Regards,

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Autodesk Expert Elite | Autodesk Certified Professional | AutoCAD Customer Council (Beta Tester for Windows & Mac)

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Dame Kudos! 😉
Si ha sido resuelta tu inquietud, selecciona 'Marcar como solución' para que otros usuarios la encuentren fácilmente.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Johanna_Esteban

Thanks. I went to kohler's website looking for a sink block but did not find what i needed. I was looking for something simple & i didn't want to spend too much time looking through dozens of websites because my boss wants stuff done quickly. I do not have a residential library of my own so i was looking for some resources. I wasn't necessarily looking for any specific manufacturer. Im looking for 2d blocks but its ok if its dynamic. You can email them to me at stan@cdgarchitects.com

Message 9 of 12
Johanna_Esteban

Done!!!

In this link it is possible to download all 2D from Kohler.

Kohler 2D Symbols

Regards,

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Autodesk Expert Elite | Autodesk Certified Professional | AutoCAD Customer Council (Beta Tester for Windows & Mac)

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Dame Kudos! 😉
Si ha sido resuelta tu inquietud, selecciona 'Marcar como solución' para que otros usuarios la encuentren fácilmente.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you, Johanna, for your comment! Have you found an official AutoDesk download for AutoCAD blocks? I'm interested in 3D appliances, fixtures, furniture, water heaters, and the like. It would also be nice to know that the downloads were protected against malware infection.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Yes, thank you. There is alot of stuff here

Message 12 of 12
governorbob
in reply to: beyoungjr

Good tip!
~ Frequent user of Autocad 2019, Autocad 2012 LT, Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report