Did you mean: 

WBLOCK re-blocks my blocks

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
374 Views, 3 Replies

WBLOCK re-blocks my blocks

Redundant title, I know, but my problem is redundancy. I work with drawings that are arrays of blocks. These arrays need to be made into several variations in dxf format, so WBLOCK is how I make them. Sometimes in the resulting dxf the blocks are double blocked meaning I have to explode them to reveal the original block. This is a problem because it changes the layer of the blocks and hides the attributes, both of which are vital. I try to replicate the problem and it seems random. There aren't a lot of options in the WBLOCK menu, so I'm not sure what's going on. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Update

I just started noticing this after implementing a new attribute in the blocks. This attribute is different, as it prompts the user for input. Now in the resulting dxf file, I can see the new attribute if I burst the block. I can see ONLY the new attribute in properties. However, it is no longer present in block editor. And the big problem here is when the programmer extracts it with his code, you can only see the default value. The other attributes are fine, but I think it's this new attribute that's affecting things. 

Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds like your attributes might have been redefined at some point and are not synced. Try using Attsync or Battman to fix this issue. Please also attach a sample drawing if you would like me to investigate further.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for the response John. After messing around with it all morning, I think I got it figured out. After changing the attributes' "style" variable from annotative to standard, it worked. I'm not sure why this would cause such a problem, but now everything is working correctly it seems.

It also might be worth mentioning I am working with the R12/LT2 DXF. This seems important because the problem didn't surface in the 2013 DXF format. Which is what caused my seemingly random results initially. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report