Did you mean: 

Viewport in Layout acting wierd

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1085 Views, 12 Replies

Viewport in Layout acting wierd

Working in ACAD2016. I have a drawing that probably was drawn in another software and converted. AND the original file requires recovery to open.

So here's my problem: There are objects in the Layout that act as if they are inside Viewports. However, the only thing I can do with these Viewports, is double click inside them to edit in floating model space. There isn't a frame, either frozen, off or hidden, so I cannot select it to "Unlock" it to adjust the scale.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi leslye.irwin,

Can you attach the file so I can look at it for you?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 13
john.vellek

Hi leslye.irwin,

I haven't seen an update on your post yet. While I await a response from you, you might try moving the data to a new drawing. Layouts can get corrupted so this might be the easiest way to remedy the problem.

Please attach a file if you would like me to take a look at it for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 4 of 13
murray-clack
in reply to: john.vellek

I wonder if you are "stuck" in the "maximize viewport" function?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Here's the file.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: murray-clack

I don't think I'm "stuck" in the "maximize viewport" function. There is another viewport in the layout that is working fine. And the VPMAXIMIZEDSTATE = 0 (read only).

Message 7 of 13
murray-clack

The Viewport boundary is there.  It's on Layer 0, and is simply behind the title-sheet.  You can use the DRAWORDER command to send the title-sheet to the back, and then you'll be able to select the Viewport boundary

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, that is the one that is working properly. I'm referring to the detail on the right. There are I think 3 viewports.

Message 9 of 13
murray-clack

I found the other problem....  There are FOUR Viewports in total, one of them is on Layer 0, and the other three are frozen on layer "MV"

But they are not frozen in the traditional sense, they are "VP frozen" (i.e. like how you can freeze a layer in one viewport, but that layer is still visible in another viewport).  Most people don't realize that the Layout tab itself is actually a Viewport, and layers can be independently changed 

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks! I guess I missed the frozen layer status since I was inside the VP when looking.

Message 11 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

@murray-clack beat me to the solution here!

As far as the error messages go, I installed the Civil 3D object enabler, audited, purged, -purged>regapps and finally did an -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD.  This seemed to remove the error messages you were seeing.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 13
murray-clack

Yup.... Anyone could miss that.  While I had my cursor in Paperspace, I used the QSELECT to find all the Viewports; unselected the one on Layer 0; and then it told me what layer the other three were on and "VP Thawed" them.

Message 13 of 13
gdefilo

Hi leslye.irwin,

for what concerns the viewport, open the layer properties manager and look for the "MV" layer: you should turn it on in current viewport (it is frozen, now).

The "recover" request is weird, because it detects nothing after having done it.

Don't know what to say about it.

Maybe John?

Hope this helps,

Giancarlo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta