Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport frame grayed out and objects in viewport not visible.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
990 Views, 5 Replies

Viewport frame grayed out and objects in viewport not visible.

While creating a Metric template we had this error come up. The viewport has a blue gray border, objects are not visible in the viewport but can be selected. It is like all the functionality is there but the objects are not visible. All of the layers are visible, unthawed etc. Also print preview does not show the objects. 

I have attached the file. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

your VP color is 255,255,255 and you have a white layout background . for that you will not see the VP border because it's white color on white background also under your title block . also you don't have any objects in model space to see it from VP !!! I suggest to change your color 255,255,255 to bylayer or any other layer that you can see it from VP .

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
tboehler

The drawing has no entities in model space.  Also your current color is set to 255,255,255.  Make it Bylayer.

If I draw something in model space - not color 255 it shows up in the viewport and prints fine.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tboehler

There is a rectangle and a square in the model space. setting the 255, 255, 255 to by layer fixed the viewport but the objects still will not show unless I select them then only as a selection. 

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Where are these objects that will not show until you select them?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I finally figured it out. I had to also change their layer to by layer rather than the 255....

Then I had to select all of the objects and put them back to the layer. Everything works great now Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta