Did you mean: 

Using Sheet Set Manager with 3D Models

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
542 Views, 3 Replies

Using Sheet Set Manager with 3D Models

Hi!  I want to create separate sheets for elevation, section, and detail views from my 3D model (created in AutoCAD).  I have created all of these views in a single layout but cannot copy them between sheets.  I need to have an embedded parent view on in order to make a section or detail view on that sheet, which I do not want.  I started playing around with the sheet set manager in an attempt to increase view flexibility.  I can produce all of these views in the SSM but cannot find the option for rendering them as visible lines, visible and hidden lines, shaded with edges, etc., so they end up looking tacky.  How might I go about creating these separate view sheets with visible line drawings?  I'm looking to use my custom label and callout blocks.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

Can you share a sample project so i can get a better idea of how it is set up?  I suspect SheetSets can work great for your workflow and I would like to see if I can make some suggestions.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks for the response!  Here's an example of what I'm trying to do.  I want to put front/side/isometric elevations of a 3D model like this on one page and details on another page.  (Side note: my shaded with lines viewport looks washed out when I put it in the SSM sheets, unlike when I use the "solid with lines" option directly in the layout tab.)

frontElevation_example.png

And I want something like this (detail of a section) on the other page, with just white paper and black lines (the "Visible Lines" option in the layout tab).

detail_view_example.png

I can get the layout sheets in the file with this model to do everything I want, minus putting sectioned details on a separate page without an associated base view.  And I like the organization and flexibility of the SSM workflow and can work with it just fine in 2D, but have not figured out how to do nice 3D views.

Is my explanation clear?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I figured out that my section and detail views will work if I make a copy of the solid model and section that one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report