Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Duplicating Text

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2072 Views, 8 Replies

Unwanted Duplicating Text

I have text boxes in my paper space as part of a drawing. When I am done changing the text in the text box, I find two text boxes are now overlapping; one having the original text that I just changed, the other having the new text I just typed. I turned off annotative for these text boxes, but nothing changed. Any ideas? I've never had this happen before when I've done this in the past.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

would you show us the case please ... just put one of these text in CAD drawing and post it.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Patchy

There was a user that had same problem of duplicating text after closing and reopen autocad, maybe it's a bug.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/multileaders-duplicating-itself/m-p/571304...

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Here you are. As you can see, the drawing oringially had the following in the text box:
Figure 1: Receptor Locations.

I clicked on the text box to edit the text (specifically to add the word "COPY" to the end) and now you can see two overlapping text boxes. The original is underneath with another box on top saying "Figure 1: Receptor Locations Copy.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

DWG file please, let's have a look in AutoCAD for ourselves with your block.
Message 6 of 9
dmfrazier

What version of AutoCAD are you running?

Just to be clear, are you certain that there are not two "text boxes", one perfectly superimposed over the other (until one is edited)?

Can you or can you not select the "other" text box?

Does a REGEN make it go away?

Does this happen consistently within or among the DWGs you create/edit?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

I am using AutoCAD 2015

There is only 1 text box initially. It is part of a template we have in the office for our CAD drawings. I copy the entire template and paste it into the paperspace of the project I am working on. I have done this for years, never caused an issue.

After the second box appears, I can select either or both text box. I am currently just deleteing the one I don't need.

REGEN does not make it go away.

No this does not happen consistently, only now.

The text boxes were annotative, but never caused an issue before. I turned annotative off, but it still didn't fix the problem. When I click on the text box to edit the text and start typing, a ghost image of the original text appears. When I finishing editing, both text boxes are now in place and I have to delete the old one.

Message 8 of 9
Scott_PhillipsTA9EG

Any solution?

Message 9 of 9

@Scott_PhillipsTA9EG wrote:

Any solution?

Share your DWG file with the problem present for all of us to try it when you get a chance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta