Did you mean: 

Uncontrollable block scale?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vandenoosterkamp
315 Views, 5 Replies

Uncontrollable block scale?

I have a block that is the same size in different scales and after changing x scale the scale changes back automatically. I have no clue how to solve this, I did not make these blocks myself but I have thousands of them and need them all to be scale 1 in xyz.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: vandenoosterkamp

How many circle in each block?

Two?

Message 3 of 6
pendean

Greetings @vandenoosterkamp 

Your two blocks (georefrenced? 500,000 meters from 0,0,0 anyway) named SGR_BOOM_01 from AutoCADMAP are indeed troublesome: changing the scale manually to 1 makes them each behave differently for sure.

ADDSEECTED command to replace them seems to remove the quirks they have.

Are you using MAP? Did you ask the file creator about them? MAP has a dedicated forum, and MAP is free for any AutoCAD user on subscription so you can be using that too just like the file sender.

Message 4 of 6
cadffm

It is a part of the original (or edit by you)?

The issue came from the annotation feature, but I can't say what someone did in the past to "create the problem",

but I can say that are "corrupted informations" about annotation inside the file.

This block was an annotation object, the current definition  but the blockreferences missing the datalink

Take a copy of your file and edit your block, set the annotation property to yes, bsave/bclose.

This blockreference refers to a lot of scales

CADffm_0-1675629355494.png

If it is only one file, someone will fix it for you (if you sharing the file),

otherwise go this way.

Option, that's only for create the standard

1. Rename 1:1000 scale to 1:1 ,

2. In Model, set cannoscale to 1:1

3. In Layout, set viewports to annotation scale to 1:1

Fix the problem

4. BEDIT this block, set annotation feature to ON, bsave,bclose

5. BEDIT this block, set annotation feature to OFF, bsave,bclose

6 . Select all blockreference and set X-Scale to 1

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
vandenoosterkamp
in reply to: pendean

The blocks are indeed georeferenced and at their original location. Unfortunattely it's impossible to contact the maker of the blocks. I never saw this behaviour ever before, lol in ~30 years. I do have maps but have no clue in wich way maps could help me. Redefining them is my first thought or replacing them by another block but I'm just very curious how this is ever created and why it's behaving like this...

Message 6 of 6
vandenoosterkamp
in reply to: cadffm

Vielen Dank Sebastian! Getting rid of the anno scales in the block made them 'normal' again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta