Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to alter printer margins (displayed by dotted area) in layout space

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drawings_bemcopvt
371 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to alter printer margins (displayed by dotted area) in layout space

I was trying to configure a common layout for all my drawings in the layout space. Unfortunately I am not able to alter the paper margins for the paper. I try to set margins in Page Setup -> Properties -> Device and Document Settings -> Modify  window, but these settings are not reflected in the layout space. The dotted line which represents the printable area remains at the same position irrespective of the margins I set for the layout and paper. The altered margins are saved in the .pc3 file. Am I missing out something. 

Please see the attached files for the printer margins, and printer settings that I altered.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I think that you need to prepare your settings from making a new named page setup specifies settings such as the plot area, paper size, and scale, which determine the appearance of a plotted or published output. you can get more info from Here

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ben.saa
in reply to: drawings_bemcopvt

Hi, You are possibly missing an important update (check with 2019.1.2)

Message 4 of 5

Can you screenshot your page setup window? 

In any case,  make sure that whatever page size you're trying to plot to, is also the same exact size of that dotted line. You shouldn't have to adjust margins. Once you have checked both of those things, make sure you click "set current" in the Page Setup Manager window, this will fix the layout view to the assigned page setup.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: drawings_bemcopvt

@drawings_bemcopvt Looks like you hid everything we need to know about your plot parameters to help you out

pendean_0-1684274648877.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta