Did you mean: 

Type projection length for second point of rectangle

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GraemeWA
224 Views, 2 Replies

Type projection length for second point of rectangle

I have a rectangle a specific width (213.977....units).  I want another rectangle from the left corner of this block to finish 115units above the right corner.  I used to start the rectangle at the top left corner, hover over the top right corner and I could move upwards and the 'Extension' dimension would be highlighted, allowing me to just type in the 115mm.  I just started using 2021 on a new machine.  The snap and 'extension' dimension appear but I can only tab between a width and height of the rectangle, and doing so loses the snap point of the corner and I cannot input this projection dimension.  The below image shows the two dimensions I can type (shown in blue, meaning I cannot get  it exactly the same width as the one below) and the one I used to input (shown in red, the exact with from the snap point and a height dimension added).  Is this a setting I have not set up or a change for the newer CAD (I was using 2017 before).

1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
user181
in reply to: GraemeWA

You can shut off the dynamic input while drawing the rectangle by pressing the F12 key even if you already started the rectangle command.  You can then turn it back on with F12 when done if you wish. 

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
GraemeWA
in reply to: user181

Thank you @user181 , I looked into the dynamic input settings and changing DYNMODE to 1 allowed the dynamic input to stay for everything else and use it as a project dimension in the example, exactly what I was looking for!  Don't know how long it would have taken me to find without that input, thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report