Did you mean: 

Trying to remove images from drawing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
6435 Views, 8 Replies

Trying to remove images from drawing

I received a bunch of drawings from an outside contractor to upload to our repository, Teamcenter. All but one uploaded successfully. 

The images in this drawing do not show up in the drawing. They do not show up in the External Reference Manager but they do show up in Reference Manager. I have the images so I can reinsert them but I am trying to delete all of the other images in the drawing - the Reference Manager is showing ~20 for some reason (there are only 3).

Please help!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
s.borello
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a sample file for us to see?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: s.borello

I was able to delete all but one image using -image>detach>*

When I use Qselect>raster>all it is selecting 3 images. I was able to see them in the external reference at one point but can't see them anymore. I think this file is just corrupt 😕

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: s.borello

Ugh, I found the last image in the layout smh but still not able to remove it.

Also, confused about the 3 images that Qselect picked up and why I can't see them.

Message 5 of 9
S.Faris

Just for your information, there seems to be 38 Images in modelspace 🙂 . Use FILTER with select filter IMAGE and then rather than window selection, type ALL(enter)

IMAGE.png

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

Sorry for the late reply. This popped up on my radar again so I tried your solution but am still only getting 2 images. Do you mind sharing how you did this a bit more in depth? Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
TerryDotson

Your drawing contains (2) ImageDefinitions, and (38) ImageReferences, only 1 of those pointed to a valid ImageDef, the other 37 are orphaned.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

see screencast

https://autode.sk/2Z4JkyX

Message 9 of 9
cadffm

To deep? too much details? No matter, it is already written:

Really good information here, but

1. Hopeful you are working with ACAD2010/2011/2012 (or what is the reason for such an old DWG-Format in a production file?)

2. Your file contains some corrupt objects (3 Image references in Model, and 35 in Paperspace, one or two image file-references)
( "Image File-references" mean what you can see in Reference-Palette or in classicimage command dialog)

3. As stated above, 37 Images are corrupt because the doesn't refer to a file (= corrupt data)

4. As stated above, 1 Image refer to file, but the path or better filename is invalid:
01_SLAC_SPK_01_Cover-Site_Plan2|.bmp and Pipes aren't valid filename chars in windows (= corrupt data)

5. As stated above, 1 Image filereference, should be valid: 01_SLAC_SPK_01_Cover-Site_Plan2.bmp, but it is not used.
I don't know why you can not see it in Reference-Palette, but i guess it is part of the whole source problem.

OT
6. We can see, you had trouble in the past before: $AUDIT_BAD_LAYERs are present, you should LAYMRG $AUDIT_BAD_LAYER1 with Layer"0",
In this case all $AUDIT_BAD_LAYER1-reference are non-visible informations as part of 28 nested block-references of different blocks
inside your Block 'AS_RISER DETAIL' which is nested in Block 'AS_MANUAL WET STANDPIPE'.
It shouldn't be a problem to use LAYMRG and to merge this layer with Layer"0"

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta