Did you mean: 

Toolbar icons are question marks

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
chreese22
8155 Views, 8 Replies

Toolbar icons are question marks

I have reserched everything and cant figure this out. I copied the map.cuix file and renamed it to reesemap.cuix. I then created a new toolbar and added 2 stand acad buttons to it. When I hit apply the button icons went away and the question marks appeared. These are not custom buttons, they are autocad standard buttons on a custom toolbar. Attached is a screen shot. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dmfrazier
in reply to: chreese22

This normally indicates that the icon references (either the resource id names or the icon files) cannot be found.  You might need to add a path to the files in your current profile (Options. Files, Support File Search Path), or you might have to edit the icon (image) reference(s) in your copy of the cuix.

Message 3 of 9
scot-65

Close AutoCAD then delete the MNR file and try again.
If still no icon, dmfrazier's suggestion...

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 4 of 9
chreese22
in reply to: scot-65

Delete the reesemap.mnr file?
Message 5 of 9
dmfrazier

Yes.  When you run AutoCAD again and the CUIX is loaded, AutoCAD will re-generate a new MNR (which is why this method usually resolves these kinds of issues).

Message 6 of 9
chreese22
in reply to: dmfrazier

Thanks everyone

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: scot-65

Where can the MNR file be deleted from?

Message 8 of 9
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

The MNR file will have the same name and will be stored in the same folder as the CUI/CUIX file it goes with.

Use the CUI editor (CUI command) or Options, Files tab, Customization Files, Main Customization File to see where the CUI/CUIX file is stored. 

Message 9 of 9
cschnarr
in reply to: dmfrazier

Nice lead. Very helpful. I found that not only did I have to add the folder to the support file search path, I had to add the actual sub-folder where the images were. I wish AutoCAD would recognize all the sub-folders within any folder added to the search path, but this is not the case. All my customization is in one folder, I would only have to add one folder to the support file search path instead of twelve folders. Another tip that helps is "apply" the changes made in options to the custom profile, then set another profile current, then export the custom profile to a known location. Verify your export was successful then delete your custom profile. then import your custom profile and "set current". This forces AutoCAD to re-read the profile and reset all the profile information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report