Tool Palette transfering

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ray
Explorer
318 Views, 4 Replies

Tool Palette transfering

I am updating from "15 to "17.   The procedure insructions are telling me to uninstall '15 first.  Will this interfere with transfering my old tool bars.  Being an old guy I still use the classic drawing board instead of the ribbon, if that needs special attention.  Can I save my setup?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ray

Install 2017, and when it all works well and you're happy with the results and you've moved all you want to move from 2015 to 2017, then and only then should you uninstall 2015.

When you first start 2017 it will ask you if you want to migrate from 2015 and present you with a list: that usually works for most people to move from older software.

There are no predefined Classic workspace in 2017 but you can turn them on and use them instead of the Ribbon this way https://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/203034562-AutoCAD-2016-Restoring-the-Classic-Wo...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am updating from "15 to "17.   The procedure insructions are telling me to uninstall '15 first.  Will this interfere with transfering my old tool bars.  Being an old guy I still use the classic drawing board instead of the ribbon, if that needs special attention.  Can I save my setup?

Here's some light reading to get you started: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-migrate-settings-in-AutoCAD.html

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

HI @ray,

I have five generations of AutoCAD running on my workstation. There is no need to uninstall older versions other than for licensing reasons (review your license agreement).

Here is a prior post that illustrates Best Practice for installing AutoCAD 2017.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi ray,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report