Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This has to be a sick joke - cannot activate AutoCAD 2016.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Chris-Apex
489 Views, 5 Replies

This has to be a sick joke - cannot activate AutoCAD 2016.

I consider myself a smart person. I've never once experienced this much trouble activating a product.

I installed a trial version of AutoCAD 2016 and figured I would activate after I set up all of my account info. That's done so I entered my serial number into AutoCAD. Big mistake. It didn't like the serial number so now I'm locked out of AutoCAD.

I get online. No chat agents available so that's not even an option. They seriously don't have the ability to let me wait in line to chat with a human being?

I search for a phone number. Call it and they say "please go online, goodbye".

I try to set up a trouble ticket online. It wants a Request Code. I never received a Request Code. I follow the directions (unhooked my internet and started AutoCAD) but that doesn't work because AutoCAD has me completely locked out. I can't do anything but enter a new serial number.

I cant believe the dead ends and complete lack of support available.

Can anyone out there help me since there is no way to contact Autodesk in my current situation?

And did I mention that I'mn under a HUGE deadline and can't work thanks to this? I knew I should've waited to activate but I just knew it would be easy since this is AutoDesk after all. What a mistake that was.

Thanks.

EDIT: I see now that this was posted in the AutoCAD 10/11/12 Forum. I don't see the option to move it to the correct location...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: Chris-Apex

You will get a better response if you post in this forum for installation and activation:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS539US539&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#...

You mentioned that you dowloaded a trial version.

Did you buy a license for 2016 autocad?

Message 3 of 6
matthew.d

Hi @Chris-Apex,

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you are manually activating, the form is looking for a request code. Here is how you find your request code. Once activation and registration receives that, they can generate an activation code for you.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 4 of 6
Chris-Apex
in reply to: leothebuilder

Thanks for the reply. I ended up posted this thread via a link that showed up on one of the countless help pages I read earlier. I didn't see an option for changing the forum on that interface.

Luckily, I found an 866 number not long after posting this thread (albeit several hours into my search for help) and the gentleman on the phone was friendly. He opened a help ticket and told me someone would contact me within 24 hours. I politely responded that a 24 hour wait was unacceptable considering I was completely locked out of AutoCAD. He escalated the ticket and I received an email response roughly 30-40 minutes later stating someone had reviewed my account and resolved whatever problem caused me to get locked out when I input my serial number.

And yes I purchased a license for AutoCAD 2016. The problem all started when I tried to activate the trial version I downloaded yesterday.

tl;dr - problem solved.

Message 5 of 6
wispoxy

AutoCAD requires 2 codes. The Request Code and Activation Code.

Message 6 of 6
Chris-Apex
in reply to: wispoxy

@Anonymous wrote:

AutoCAD requires 2 codes. The Request Code and Activation Code.

wisp - I'm very aware. The problem was finding the request code...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report