Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no ribbon AutoCAD 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
7226 Views, 6 Replies

There is no ribbon AutoCAD 2014

Hi everybody. I am hoping that somebody can help me out with this. So the issue is, under the profile for our teacher here at school who is teaching AutoCAD 2014, there is no ribbon, and when you go to workspace switching the only thing that is there is: Save current as..., workspace settings, customize, and display workspace label. All the other stuff is none existent. So my question is how do I get the ribbon and all the other items back. When I log on under the local administrator, the ribbon and all the other features are present. The same goes for when I log on as myself, and when I log on as a student. The only time that the ribbon does not appear is under the teachers's profile. Also when I use the command CUILOAD there is nothing to load. I have included some screen shots. So how do I get it back? Do I have to reinstall the whole program?? 😞  Thanks everyone. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

First thing to try is type RIBBON at the Command line.

Second thing would be to delete the Profile and then recreate it

Third would be to open the CUI and see if there is anything loaded to the Workspace you are trying to use. Click on the Workspace and then Customize Workspace in the top right pane.

Message 3 of 7
GrantsPirate

Look under Options, Files, Customization Files in a good profile and note the path.  Now check that same path in the teachers profile.

Check or compare other path statements as well.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Ok, so the first thing that you posted about inputing the command RIBBON, worked. The ribbon appeared, but it is displaying a message stating that "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded". How do I get the panels and tabs loaded? Thanks 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Ok, so the first thing that you posted about inputing the command RIBBON,
worked. The ribbon appeared, but it is displaying a message stating that
"The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded". How do I
get the panels and tabs loaded? Thanks
Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

it seems like you have not loaded any menu, so start command _MENU and select the ACAD.CUIX to load the basics of the menu, then you should have the option to select a workspace.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
scot-65

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so the first thing that you posted about inputing the command RIBBON, worked. The ribbon appeared, but it is displaying a message stating that "The Ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently loaded". How do I get the panels and tabs loaded? Thanks 

The instructor is using a pre R2009 CUI which does not have ribbon support.

The transfer utility in the CUI, if I remember, will not work to bring in the ribbon and all of it's elements

into the "old" CUI. One will have to transfer from old to new...

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report