Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The .pat file I created won't register in my AutoCAD hatch library.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
440 Views, 3 Replies

The .pat file I created won't register in my AutoCAD hatch library.

Hello, I am having trouble with this .pat file. I found this text dialog off of a forum, someone came up with a nice shingle hatch and I wanted to use it. I copied their txt and pasted it into a new notepad file, and saved it as a .pat file. I have double checked that the folder I am putting this file in is the folder the hatches are being sourced from in AutoCAD, I have also tested that folder by adding a new .pat file that I did not create and it was added perfectly, no problem. I'm guessing it has something to do with the dialog of the txt, and perhaps there is something missing in the file. If anyone knows a solution that would be great!

I have also already tried using an old pat file that works as a hatch in AutoCAD and deleting the content of the txt and pasting this txt, that still didn't work. I have also gone into my folder settings on Windows and un-checking the box for ' hide extensions for know file types ', that also did nothing.

rs3373_0-1639150661429.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Based solely on your screenshot, you appear NOT to have a single blank line a the very end of the page: a requirement for individual PAT files.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you! This worked! It's so silly that something as simple as a blank line can mess up an entire file hahaha.

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

@rs3373 wrote:

Thank you! This worked! It's so silly that something as simple as a blank line can mess up an entire file hahaha.

Well, this is 1980's technology we are dealing with here. Hatch patterns and such have not changed in 30+ years.  People like @pendean and I are aware of oddities like this since we've been around a while. 🙂

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report