Text in PDF displays differently to text in Layout

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
arctosmike
324 Views, 2 Replies

Text in PDF displays differently to text in Layout

Hi All,

I am struggling to get my title block to display correctly in PDFs plotted from AutoCAD LT.

In the layout the text in the block (the text is all placed as attributes of the block) looks like this:

Layout ViewLayout View

....whereas the PDF displays like this, with the text running out of the fields in the block:

PDF ViewPDF View

Is anyone able to set me on the right path with this?  I imagine it's a simple fix but I am a novice and this is perplexing me.

Thanks and cheers,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: arctosmike

How do you have font capture set in the PDF driver you use in AutoCAD to create the file?
And what is that font name you use that changes? It's not Simplex.SHX for example from your screenshots alone.

Post your PDF and your DWG files here if you are unsure.
Message 3 of 3
arctosmike
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your reply.

I think I was using the standard AutoCAD 'DWG to PDF.pc3' to create the PDF.  I looked through the custom settings and under PDF Options>Font Handling it was set to 'Capture fonts used in the drawing'.  The font is Cantarell, which I added to the library of fonts which may be part of the problem.  I have just changed the setting over to 'Covert all text to geometry' and this has resulted in the saved PDF being true to the layout view.  File size has also reduced dramatically, which is a bonus.  

I'm not sure if this is the perfect solution but it is perfect for my basic needs - as long as the PDF displays correctly I am happy.

Thank you very much for your suggestions and for pointing me in the right direction - there's no way I would have found that on my own.  I have just made the switch from Draftsight and am loving the help and resources available for AutoCAD.  Thanks again!

All the best,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report