Text height display

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
james.bergey
366 Views, 3 Replies

Text height display

Morning all.

I created some preliminary metric templates as our company didn't actually have any dedicated Metric ones, everything seems to be working fine, but there are  couple anomalies that sort of seem to be legacy from units conversation or something.

For example, here the text is actually 1.6mm, but it shows as 2. It all rounds to 1 mm increments when it displays. I believe the text is actually 1.6mm, but the display rounds. Not a deal break, but annoying that you can't easily tell what the text display height is. 1mm increments, is not fine enough resolution. 

jamesbergey_0-1686248549076.png

Also with the dim background mask I can get 1 or 2, no refinement more than that, which is pretty useless as 1 is not enough and 2 is too big.

I'm quite certain that I was able to control that to a much finer degree in the Imperial template.

jamesbergey_0-1686248968745.png

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

James

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
user181
in reply to: james.bergey

If you use the Units command and change the precision you should see the decimal and number of units you selected

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pendean

You are using annotative text, and have an annotative scale other than 1:1 set. Perhaps that is distracting?
Side note: 2mm is more common for a general text size at 1:1 scale.

UNITS command to fix your rounding error: its a user setting, not a system wide default. HELP is a good place to explore.

For background mask issue, you probably are still distracted by your low rounding setting in UNITS above.

I don't see your DWT file posted: can you share it?
Message 4 of 4
james.bergey

Yep, the units precision was the trick, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report