Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Display is Cut Off in AutoCad and Google Earth Pro

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
523 Views, 4 Replies

Text Display is Cut Off in AutoCad and Google Earth Pro

When I open Auto Cad (2017) or Google Earth Pro, I have noticed that the title bars for certain display palettes are cut in half, they are tiny making text is unreadable.  I am not sure if it is a widows issue or a graphics issue (I have a fully loaded surface book).  The only thing so far to fix the issue is adjusting the display setting to 100 instead of the recommended 200, but this is not sustainable as everything else becomes so small it is impossible to work with. Has anyone encountered or solved this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymoushello, try to install latest updates, service packs for autocad 2017 and revert back to original settings of your computer and see how it goes. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCAD is only designed for 1920x1080 screen resolutions and/or at 100% text displays https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Odd-gr...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

@ennujozlagam  I just installed the service pack for 2017, which was just released.  Still no better. The problem is also happening with Google Earth Pro and maybe other programs I haven't encountered yet.  I have tried many things, and customer support has not been much help. Thanks for the suggestion!!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean Thanks for the link!  I have tried the 100 thing, but the entire screen becomes too small to see, so this is not a realistic option (my computer is designed to run in 200).

Just now I played around with screen resolution, trying them all to no avail.  Problem persists.

You mentioned autocad is designed to run on 100 and with that particular resolution, is this all versions?  Like would it be worth uninstalling and reinstalling 2015? (A friend of mine - with a different pc model - is having the exact same issue with the 2016 autocad version)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report