Did you mean: 

Survey Data to Autocad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
452 Views, 2 Replies

Survey Data to Autocad

Hi,

i work for a electrical utility and am trying to implement GPS to gather "As Constructed" information for our underground cables. The issue im having is that the field guy has the survey data points, but how do i get that information to a readable version for the public? (with chainages and offsets) we do have drafters with us but it takes them 3-6 months to do the drawings because they have a back log. Is there a way to do this on site so i can give gis the information quickly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to do this the hard way in plain AutoCAD? or do you have a survey capable version of AutoCAD like CIVIL?

Explore topics already posted all over the internet for tips https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=AutoCAD:+import+survey+data+points
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yep trying to do it the hard way, we currently use Autocad 14 and i guess i would prefer a lisp program to measure the offset and depth of a point.

• so for the selected survey point, attributed block would be automatically attached.
  • it would then ask to select the datum point
  • based on the x,y and z of this datum point the rest of the points will have values calculated, (see pic attached for the attributed block values)

hope this gives a clear picture.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta