Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
279 Views, 5 Replies

support

Maybe I am just old, but why is there no dang support phone number available? I despise typing to people. I would rather talk (its much faster and more personal) I also absolutely hate being forced to hoof through various pages hours upon hours to try and find a solution to problems. I paid for this product, but I may not renew out of spite.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
timothy_crouse
in reply to: Anonymous

866-681-4359,  most likely without a support contract # they will direct you back to this forum.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Message 3 of 6
pendean

It is many pages to help those who find it a challenge to read too many words on a page. here is a quick overview if you need it, it also shows you how to schedule a call https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Contacti...

Welcome to the era of short attention spans... Squirrel!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Although you may have plenty of time in your life, some of us have families, and are lucky to sit down for a meal. It has nothing to do with anyone having a short attention span. Most reputable companies have a support phone # easily accessible that you can call. With a phone, I can multitask, and not have full undivided attention given to research on how to contact a person for help regardless of the issue. I am glad you have plenty of time in your life, but don't assume others have the same luxury. Your response with 5 (not so easily located) steps is much more involved than a simple phone # posted on the site when you click "contact us". I think even you can agree with that. Example: I called Quicken for my business software, with a phone number provided on the website, and a friendly team member was able to answer and assist. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: timothy_crouse

Thank you sir. Appreciate it greatly

Message 6 of 6
RobDraw

Look at it from there point of view. Since the vast majority of issues that people call about are self inflicted and the Autodesk has a wide variety of platforms, providing quality call-in support would cost an exorbitant amount of money. If you want that kind of support, you will have to pay for it. There are people out there that have jobs doing just that. If you have a reseller, they should be your first point of contact. If Autodesk were providing free live support like you think they should, we would be paying a lot more for our program(s).

What's really funny is that you took the time to complain in a forum that could be your go to source for help. Time that you could have spent asking for a solution which, BTW, is what these forums are for. Users helping users. Not someone on the other end of the line who could be reading from a script and never made a living using the software.

So, what is your question? You've got a lot more than one person here. Combined, we have much more experience in varying fields using the software on a daily basis.

Still want one on one support? Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory