Superhatch magenta rectangle orientation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
744 Views, 2 Replies

Superhatch magenta rectangle orientation

Hi everybody, 

I'm working with the express tools "Superhatch" command in order to draw repetitive patterns for the paving by using an existing block. Sometimes it happens that the orientation of the pattern is not along the X Y axes of my WCS, so when Superhatch asks me to specify the "magenta rectangle" I should be able to draw a window that is not orientated on my WCS, and even the Autocad Guide seems to show this possiblity:

Cattura.JPG

But actually I can only specify WCS-orientated rectangle, as far as I can see, even if I change my UCS, because when I start the Supehatch command, the drawing goes back automatically to the WCS system.

I'm not very deep in the superhatch command, so I'm probably missing something; can anybody help me? Thank you very much and sorry for bad English.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Is it possible to attach a sample file with your pattern and also with your desired UCS?  Does this behavior change if the block is created in the other UCS? Does it happen if the pattern is not a block?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thank you very much, all I had to do was create the block in the desired UCS, and it worked fine for my purpose; I tried also with xref and in that case Superhatch bases the pattern on the UCS used in the attached file. Instead, image patterns are simply based on the current UCS. 

Thanks a lot, again!

Michele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report