Did you mean: 

Student

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
315 Views, 3 Replies

Student

Hello,

I'm working with a CAD type software in the commercial flooring industry and I'm looking for a recommendation for who offers the best online CAD training?  I'm also interested in learning Revit as well online.

Thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, for Revit you can try to check it HERE. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
cory.simons

My suggestions for you would be:

1.  Buy the program for yourself and tinker around at your own pace to get familiar with the settings.

2.  If you are not yet in the CAD profession, seek others and offer to job shadow for experience.

3.  When you are ready, pursue the 2 week training and get certified.  For me it was 40 hours a week for 2 weeks.

I personally learned more in the 2 week training than all my time before put together.  It is worth it.

Message 4 of 4
gotphish001

You can buy an old school paper book. A good one will come with or have downloadable content that goes along with each chapter.  You can go at your pace and books are usually very thorough in explaining things because you can't really ask anyone a question. If you know how to do a chapter you could just skim it to make sure you don't miss anything, but not waste a lot of time on it. Plus books are cheap. You won't get a certificate for completing the book, but a certificate will only help you get your first job. After that having had a CAD job will be weighted much more than your certificate will in other job interviews.

Another good way to learn is to read these forums or other cad forums for say 30 minutes a day. You will learn all kinds of things that you didn't even know existed, but you could use daily in your work. You won't learn how to set up very many variables or what they do during an online class or even a associates degree level program. You'll learn a ton of that stuff on the forums however.

Edit: I also recommend Paul Aubin's books that are mentioned in the link. I went through his Autocad Architecture book a couple years ago to learn that vertical software. Very easy to follow and taught you things you needed to learn not fluff stuff that you will never use just to add pages and make the book seem big. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report