Start tab freezing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
patrik
1118 Views, 5 Replies

Start tab freezing

Hi!

I Have problems when I close all tals except start tab, then civil 2018 freeze and I have to wait for at least 30 second before I can Do anything. Does anyone have ideals about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgladfelter
in reply to: patrik

I had a similar issue some time ago, and the problem ended up being related to my Drawing Template path.

Does the issue persist if you change your Drawing Template path back to the default?

When I encountered this issue, it was due to the Drawing Templates being hosted on a NAS file store (which is not supported by Autodesk).

Donnie Gladfelter

Sr. Manager, Technical Staff Development, Bowman

The CAD Geek Blog

Facebook |Twitter |YouTube |LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
Cadologist

As a workaround, if your 'NOT' using the Start Tab, you can disable it.

Enter STARTMODE on the command line in AutoCAD and enter 0 (ZERO) to turn off the tab (or 1 to turn it back on).  For more information, refer to the Autodesk Knowledge Network link below......

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/AutoC...

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

NAS drives is a very good hint.

I just want to add ... whenever the Start-tab is activated the list of recent documents is rebuild, so AutoCAD looks to the links for the files and verifies if they exist or not. If that folders that hold these documents are slow (e.g. NAS, or number of files in that folders) then the refresh of this list is slow too. So maybe cleaning the recent file list could help (>>>click<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
patrik
in reply to: dgladfelter

I have changed the path so I test this tomorrow.

Message 6 of 6
patrik
in reply to: dgladfelter

Morning!

I tested and it is the location for "Drawing Template File Location" that matters. I tried to change it to a network path and it didnt work so good.

/P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report