Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM - Place on Sheet

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Crass
498 Views, 5 Replies

SSM - Place on Sheet

Hi. I am trying to develop a standard office workflow for creating detail sheets (and callouts/references) using the "Place on Sheet" command in Sheet Set Manager. I think I have worked out most of the kinks but have two questions:

1. Layers: It seems like both the viewport and Label Block for Views come in on the current layer. Is there a way to set this so they come in on the correct layer off the bat?
  2. Scale: I want the scale to show the proper scale name but they are often shown in odd translations (especially when 0.3333 is involved).

SSM scale.jpg

I think I have the field set up correctly. Anything else to check?

SSM scale2.jpg

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Crass

See attached tutorial

Message 3 of 6
Crass
in reply to: pendean

I skimmed through this tutorial which is really useful and I'm not sure I found the answer to either question to be honest. Can you direct me to a section or page number? Thank you

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 4 of 6
Crass

Here is an example of one that makes no sense. My SheetView / ViewportScale field is set to "Use scale name"

SSM scale3.jpg

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 5 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Crass

It seems you are trying to create a custom Sheet Set to meet your specific needs. 

When creating a Custom Sheet Set you will not use the default template with its default fields. You will what to start by creating a custom template that you link to your new Sheet Set then update or add custom fields. 

Take a look at the videos provided, please ignore the version the same rules apply. 

Sheet Sets - Title Block Integration - Fields

Custom AutoCAD Sheet Set Template Workflow

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Crass

Just checking in with you, hope you were able to resolve this.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report