Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM opens the drawing again to publish, but only for some Sheet Sets.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ethan.nelsonXU5QT
393 Views, 5 Replies

SSM opens the drawing again to publish, but only for some Sheet Sets.

When I have the drawing I'm working on open, and I publish to PDF from the SSM, one of two things happens. I have several different drawings with .dst files for each case.

-Some drawings publish the selected sheet(or sheets) directly from the drawing file if i have it open.

If i don't save, it still includes the unsaved information.

-Other drawings, open a duplicate of the drawing if i have it open to publish the sheet(or sheets). 

These i must make sure to save before publishing from SSM, otherwise not all the most recent changes are plotted. (Often these drawings plot slower)

One of these is not operating as intended. Is there a setting I changed on accident? Or is this more likely to be a corrupted .dst file or drawing? I use the same .dst template for most of my drawings.

(Background plotting is turned off)

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I'm not sure I follow the problem. 

That said let me venture a few guesses/responses. 

The drawings can only be attached to one sheet set manager. so if you are attaching it to several. that may be part of the problem. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Determ...

Does this only happen when you are printing from sheet set manager? There are several potential things that might cause a print to have some items missing. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Drawin...

Also... could you just make it a habit of saving the drawing before publishing?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

The problem is I have two .dst's that publish to PDF in different ways. I'd like to know why. And if it's something I need to change, or if a file is simply corrupt. 

The drawings are only part of one sheet set. I've checked with SSFOUND. 

This only happens while publishing from the SSM. Using PLOT or PUBLISH function normally. 

I feel that making sure to save before publishing from SSM is a stop gap, and doesn't address the problem. Though i've been doing it to keep functional. Inevitably, I forget at times and have to publish a second time.

Message 4 of 6

I'm curious if this may not be related to file locking. Where are your files stored?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/File-l...

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Job files are stored on a network drive location. (P:)

I've got access to create, save, and delete etc. files on this drive.

Message 6 of 6

You could create copies of the two different behaving Sheet sets and make them local to your machine only. If that solves the problem then you can look into any possible network causes. 

Are the drawing you are using all the same file version?

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta