Did you mean: 

SSM Hyperlink PDF Property

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DJGinAZ
575 Views, 6 Replies

SSM Hyperlink PDF Property

Printing SSM linked hyperlinks is awesome. I've played with them enough to discover some tricks and hacks. What I can't figure out is why, when using a field with an associated hyperlink linked to the SSM, the PDF hyperlink "objects" are split up and applied to each individual character in the filed. The "SS-008" is one single SSM linked field, but when printed, each character has a separate but identical hyperlink field (Image 1) Any blue box can be deleted, and resized to leave one large pick box but that's worthless amount of post-processing. It also shows up in the PDF document properties as individual objects (Image 2) which I assume makes the file size larger than necessary (probably not by much.)

PDF hyperlink objects.JPGPDF hyperlink objects2.JPG

Has anyone dug in this deep to notice (and been annoyed by) this? Is there any solution? Is there any way to force the hyperlink to print the same size as the field box? I am using the OTB "AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation).pc3",  Bluebeam Revu 2017, and 2018 Civil3d/Map3d. 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: DJGinAZ

Hi @DJGinAZ,

Can you share a drawing file as well as the resulting  PDF file that shows this behavior?  I haven't noticed this behavior before but I am happy to take a closer look.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
DJGinAZ
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John,

I created some example files to share with you, and in doing so, noticed it's likely do to the mixed use of .ttf and .shx fonts. The .zip has the dwgs, sheet set and pdf for you to look at. Some of our jurisdictional standard require the use of .shx, so strictly using .ttf is not an option.

@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @DJGinAZ,

Can you share a drawing file as well as the resulting  PDF file that shows this behavior?  I haven't noticed this behavior before but I am happy to take a closer look.

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @DJGinAZ,

This is an interesting issue. It appears to work differently if I turn off the font handling options in PDF Options.  Can you try this too to see if it changes the behavior in your resulting PDF?

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 7
DJGinAZ

Thanks John,

Our PC3 and PMP files point to a read-only location on the network, so I couldn't edit and save the changes. I had to save out my own versions of each, re-specify the pagesetups printer options, and even changed the Sheet Set PDF Publish Options. I still didn't notice any difference. 😕

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @DJGinAZ

Here is the file I created with the font options turned off.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 7
DJGinAZ

Well that looks like my goal. I guess I'll have to dig into a little more when I get through some billable work. I'll disconnect from the network or try from a laptop that isn't connected. Thanks again John. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report