Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap doesn't work in Layout Tab

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
nievesmiranda0630
1565 Views, 13 Replies

Snap doesn't work in Layout Tab

Hi! I've been wondering if it's just me but my snaps don't work in my layout tab. I want to properly center my titleblock but the snaps don't work. I also want to make margins for my titleblock and place them properly but I'm unable to since snapping doesn't work. Is there a script or a workaround for this? Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
vinodkl
in reply to: nievesmiranda0630

Are you sure that your title block is in paper space and not in model space? Cause object snap does work in paper space(layout)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 14
nievesmiranda0630
in reply to: vinodkl

Yup. I'm sure. The snaps don't work on the print guidelines.
Message 4 of 14
vinodkl

can you share the drawing, so that we can look into it.

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 14

Here's the CAD file. 

Message 6 of 14
vinodkl

Try turning off the Geometric center snap from object snap settings (OSNAP). Geometric snap takes precedence over other snap in paper space.

Message 7 of 14
nievesmiranda0630
in reply to: vinodkl

Thank you for your answer! This is probably a stupid question but what snap
can I use in order to snap to the borders of the printable area? I've read
suggestions to use snap to grid then adjust the grid. If you have other
suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!
Message 8 of 14
vinodkl

something like this(see attachment)

You could use the endpoint of the viewport by selecting the viewport and drag to adjust to the printable area manually. else you could also create a viewport which would fit exactly to the printable area. To do that type in the command "MVIEW" and the select "FIT" in the options.

Message 9 of 14

HI

everything is OK with your drawings.

Just one thing ,

Be sure you are working on paper space (layout) by double clicking out side the border 

snap.JPG

Good luck

Message 10 of 14

Is there a way to snap my title block to the print lines on the paper in the layout tab? 

Message 11 of 14
cadffm

1 . By using an helper object, YES

(Start _MVIEW command and use the default option to create viewport on printable borderlines,

now you have an object where you can use the object snap)

2. But why?

The visuel helper (Paper incl. printable border lines) will following your plot/pagesetup..

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 14

You can't snap to the printable area of layout, but you can use the LIMMIN and  LIMMAX variables to get them.  

(getvar "limmin")

and

(getvar "limmax")

The printable area is simple the LIMITS in a layout.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 13 of 14
cadffm
in reply to: GrantsPirate

@GrantsPirate  schrieb:

The printable area is simple the LIMITS in a layout.

No, that has nothing to do with each other, it can only coincidentally coincide.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 14 of 14

Hi

Yes its possible

snap on layout works just model space.

you can also set grid lines to custom position , by changing ucs position.

good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report