Did you mean: 

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Compatibility

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
robbar30
20088 Views, 11 Replies

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Compatibility

Has anyone out there successfully managed to get Hardware Acceleration enabled on Acad2018  for the following?

on-board video:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 for HP notebook ( HP Pavilion dm4-2165dx)

I have read there is not much support for it on prevision versions of AutoCAD and was wondering if it maybe supported on Autocad 2018

Thanks in advance

Rob B

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: robbar30

Hi,

Intel HD 3000 was released decades ago, even not supporting the latest DirectX and OpenGL drivers.

You won't get all features of current graphic software working with that, sorry.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hi there, i wanna kown if i can use accelaration harddware for autocad 2017 with this video card, i have installed windons 10, is any option to fix it?

Message 4 of 12
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The Intel HD Graphics cards are minimum spec hardware designed for websurfing: if you need hardware acceleration in AutoCAD you need to purchase a dedicated video card.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean
Message 6 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> alreadydid this and it works

Please ... please, be so kind and show me a screenshot of _GRAPHICSCONFIG which shows that you use an Intel HD3000 and you have hardware acceleration on (for any AutoCAD newer than 2014).

From my knowledge: it can't work as it does not support the necessary api functionality for DirectX (and also not for OpenGL, for a bit older AutoCAD's) to get hardware acceleration working.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

thumbnail_IMG_20180720_133923 1.jpgit was a hard work, i spend like 3 days trying this, 😄 anything you need just tell me

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

wow, never thought that could ever work, learned something new (... and something really strange)!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 12
robbar30

Sorry for the super delayed response. It worked great! I was able to get some minimum 3D acceleration out of my dinosaur of a laptop. Just the realistic visual style only but better than nothing. Kudos to you Gamzen!

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

please help me for these solution on Intel HD Graphic 3000 to enable graphic performance.

Message 11 of 12
pendean
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks man it worked it was all about changing the direct x version thanks alot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report