Slice failed for selected solid

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Gabriel_Assad
1248 Views, 3 Replies

Slice failed for selected solid

Hello!

I am using Autocad 2020 for Windows 10.

Basically I am trying to cut a solid with a surface and it is failing. I've already have done this before, but I can't figure what is the problem now. 

I have attached the DWG file here. 

Thank you for your help!

Gabe

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi 

If I am not mistaken a surface needs to cut complete through the solid and the surface needs to be enclosed. 

If I look at your surface it has a hole. Try make a full surface and then after subtract the hole from the solids. 

Hope it helps

Message 3 of 4

Everything works fine, please see attached drawing. 

I assume that your slicing plane is the red box in the center of your box ? Please confirm

Few tips :

1 : Always always always have your USC icon turned on. Yours was turned off so you could not tell which plane you need to slice on.  Just type UCSICON at the command line, make sure its always ON.

2 :  Get familiar with the slicing plane options : XY, YZ, ZX, 3P. Refer to your USC icon and choose the correct slicing plane

3 : If you are slicing to a plane that is 3d, as i assume your plane is.... Either use the UCS / Object command to match your UCS to the correct 3d plane. Or while in your slice command, use 3P options (which means 3points) which will slice on a 3d plane

In short, your UCS needs to match a Slicing plane either : XY, YZ, ZX

If your UCS doesnt match your slicing plane, use 3P option in slice command.

This is also true for Section command and a few others that use UCS planes. 

Message 4 of 4

To return your UCS back to normal plane, Type UCS, then hit Enter 2 times. UCS will come back to normal plane. Very important to Reset UCS once your action is complete.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report