Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify polyline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2050 Views, 4 Replies

Simplify polyline

Hi, I am current trying to work with contour dwg file I received, however the lines are jagged with thousands of points. I was wondering if it's possible to simplify the lines so that they have less points, and create more aesthetical smooth lines? I have looked into various commands but none have solved the issue.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

sh.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

What methods have you tried so far? Making Splines, Fit, manually editing vertices?

I am thinking you might want to check out the Customization forum or the Autodesk App store to see if there are any tools that can automate this for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
Patchy

Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper

Thanks, @Patchy, for the reference.  I was about to post the same link.

For a slightly different approach, there's also PolylineEveryOther.lsp with its PLEO command, here.  It's more of a brute-force way of doing it, since it doesn't consider things like the distances between vertices or the degree of bend between segments, as PLDiet does, but just eliminates every other vertex, and also eliminates all arc segments rather than giving you a choice whether to do so.  But it may give you a result that works for you, and it's probably quicker.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem.
Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta