Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*.shx files to .dwg using AutoCadLT 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2086 Views, 2 Replies

*.shx files to .dwg using AutoCadLT 2015

Can anyone help me to convert a *.shp or *.shx file to .dwg? I'm using AutoCAD LT 2015 and only find information for using older versions.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone help me to convert a *.shp or *.shx file to .dwg? I'm using AutoCAD LT 2015 and only find information for using older versions.

Thanks,

Apart from the fact that you would better off in the AutoCAD LT Forum or the 2013/14/15/16 Forum than here...

There is no "equivalence" in content between a .SHP/.SHX file and a .DWG file.  They're different "levels" of information -- what would it mean to convert one?  Those shape files are used in making Text and Attributes and Dimensions and such, or putting Shapes in the drawing or using them in linetypes, in drawing files, but aren't drawing-like content except as so used.  Such a conversion would be sort of like trying to "convert" a transmission into a trip to Chicago.

What kind of result are you looking for?  Perhaps something like a drawing of all the characters defined in a given font file, or of all the shapes defined in a shape file?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You need AutoCAD Civil3D or MAP3D to convert GIS type SHP/SHX files to DWG: MAPIMPORT or MPACONNECT commands.

If you don't have any of these Autodesk products you may search the web for 3rd party converters for SHP to DXF https://www.google.com/search?q=convert+shape+to+dxf+freeware

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta