Did you mean: 

SHX Files error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
936 Views, 4 Replies

SHX Files error

Hi!

I'm interning at an architectural office and my supervisor gives me revision files in Autocad. I have to copy these into the main drawing files. However, when I open up the .dwg I get a message that says that there are missing SHX files, and I say ignore because I don't have the replacements and my supervisor doesn't know how to give them to me. I can't Ctrl+C anything from these files, it just says "copy to clipboard failed". What can I do to fix this (it may not be related to shx thing at all...)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: Anonymous

Instead of copy/paste just insert the entire revision drawing into your current drawing as a block. Put it off to one side and then use copy command or move command on the stuff you need then erase what you don't need.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Hensley

It didn't work. How can I see the block I created in one drawing in another?

Message 4 of 5
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Read the error message carefully and note which SHX files are missing.

You can probably download these from the internet and place them in the fonts folder.

Another solution is to nominate an alternative font style.

At the command line enter FONTALT and at the next prompt enter ARIAL.

(or you can nominate any other windows font your company uses as a standard)

Once the alternative font has been defined, whenever you open a file with missing fonts it will substitute the ARIAL font

without any further error messages.

Message 5 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: leothebuilder

Use the design center (command ADCENTER) and on the folders tab locate any drawing on your network. Pick on it to see a list of blocks. Drag what you need into your drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report