Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift+right click menu alias cusomization.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
620 Views, 4 Replies

Shift+right click menu alias cusomization.

I did some searching for the solution for this but couldn't find anything...maybe it's here but time is of the essence.

Basically I'd like to be able to customize the alias used for the snap commands after shift+right clicking.  Specifically change snap perpendicular from "p" to something like "q".  So I don't have to move my hand across the keyboard each time I want to snap perpendicular, which happens to be quite often.snap.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Load this:

(defun c:q ()
  (command "perp")
)

Then 'q will be "perp" for you.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

When you say "load this"...just copy and paste into the command bar?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

There is no letter q in the work PERPENDICULAR, are you planning on adding it to missspell the word so you can have Q as a choice?

The concept is a Windows feature, you place the symbol & next to the letter in the word you want to select from a menu list, all done here in the CUI command pop-up

Capture.PNG

Here are instructions on how to autoload LISP routines like the one posted in reply your your query if you want to go that route https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/AutoCAD-Customization...

Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

erikrhendrickson wrote:

When you say "load this"...just copy and paste into the command bar?

That is one way.

In case you're not sure, lisp functions are loaded into memory on a per-document basis. So if you paste this at the command line, it will work in that one document until you close that document. If you want this (or any) function to be available for all documents, then you need to load the function each time a document is opened.

You can do this by using a special (plain ASCII) file named "acaddoc.lsp". Place this file in a folder that is in your AutoCAD support file search path. AutoCAD will search for and load the first one it finds. Presuming there is no lisp errors in the file, it will load the contents each time a drawing is started or opened in AutoCAD. You can simply put that function inside of "acaddoc.lsp"

To take this one step further, create your own folder (like C:\CADSTUFF), and drop the "acaddoc.lsp" file in there. Then add this path to the TOP of your support file search path. You can progressively put other custom things in this folder as you go along. If and when you upgrade, or change PCs, all your custom stuff will be in this one folder.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report