Sheet Set Manager

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ikocev
1248 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet Set Manager

Dear all,

Recently I made a  standard sheet set for all CAD drawings that I use and what I was thinking was that

if I just copy the folder with my drawings and the sheet set in it to another location, everything would work

and can just rename the folder and the sheet set with the desired project name. 

As it appears though, when I copy the folder and open a drawing, I get the message "sheet  set association lost" - refer to screenshot.

Is there a way not to cause that message to pop up, I mean can I just copy the folder and the sheet set in it to understand that the location is different  and not to pop up that message every time the standard drawings folder is copied for reuse.

Thank you guys. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: ikocev

I'm not sure why you are getting that. What you describe is how I did projects for many years. I primarily worked on the same type of projects, where about 1/2 of the 40 or so sheets were the same in every project (cover, notes, details, etc.).

So I'd copy the .DST file, and those ~20 sheets to a new folder, and rename the .DST file, and go into its properties and change things as needed. The sheets that didn't get copied would show up as "?" in SSM, so I'd remove them and replace as needed with my new sheets in this new project.

I don't recall ever getting the dialog you posted. I never copied the entire folder, although I don't see why that would matter.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: ikocev

Perhaps this might help?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
ikocev
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for the info man, I read the article you sent before a few minutes and I what I understood is that

I get that message because  the first thing I did  was to open a dwg file from the explorer not from the SSM and obviously that is why the message pops up, ahh small things like that can stay unnoticed sometimes.. anyway many thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report