Sheet set manager link layouts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
karenMV87H
491 Views, 3 Replies

Sheet set manager link layouts

Hi!

Is it possible to add attributes to a title block created in paper space?.

I want to be able to link my layouts to the sheet set manager. 

Thanks in advance. 

Karen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmartt
in reply to: karenMV87H

Yes...But.

You can add attributes to a block and make those attributes fields which read the ssm.

But you can't xref the block. Or, you can, but the fields don't update. Unless you explode the block.

Which isn't great, for what I'm doing right now. I have to make the specific title block I'm working with editable, (globally), which means I have a title block xreff'ed in paperspace, but I've also brought in a block with attributes, added to every sheet, to populate the title block info.  I think that's the easiest way to do it. I was hoping that I could xref a title block in with fields that would update, but I've found that this is impossible. (Someone please let me know if I've got that wrong!!) 

But I don't normally do that. I usually bring in a title block from a layout template because I don't usually need to edit the title block. It has fields reading the ssm and I have a template ssm that works with the fields. No block involved. 

Have you tried highlighting the text in text editor, right clicking, (if you have right click set up for shortcut menus), and selecting Insert Field? That will let you access ssm info. Be careful you know whether you're using CurrentSheet or CurrentSheetSet info.

Message 3 of 4
jmartt
in reply to: jmartt

I was thinking to myself "what is the difference between block attributes and fields, then?" I don't think there is much difference. Attributes are obviously part of blocks, and you can adjust the text within that little editor, but I think you can get to the same point (sans block) by defining fields from text.
I watched parts of this video and I think that's basically correct.
https://youtu.be/IRw-dKSMkq4
Message 4 of 4
karenMV87H
in reply to: jmartt

this video was so helpful! I was able to insert a field for the sheet number and sheet title and then create a project from the project manager. I'm still figuring out how to insert field for the rest of the information on my title block like the current date. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report