Did you mean: 

Set location not appearing in ribbon

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
itsnathanblake
843 Views, 11 Replies

Set location not appearing in ribbon

Hi there,

Can someone please advise and tell me why the set location is not appearing in my insert ribbon?

itsnathanblake_0-1630662220199.png

regards,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

@itsnathanblake ,

Right click on the ribbon and select "Show Panels" and Location.

ValentinWSP_0-1630662725045.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 12

itsnathanblake_0-1630662651814.png

doesnt show location on mine?

Message 4 of 12

@itsnathanblake ,

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 12

hmm hard to imagine this site layout was created on a version of cad older than 2014 and its set in the correct coordinates so that doesn't seem right either, ill keep digging

Message 6 of 12

@itsnathanblake ,

Try the suggestions on this link:

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 12
pendean
in reply to: itsnathanblake

Post a screenshot of your ABOUT command pop-up, and also share your DWG file please.
Message 8 of 12
itsnathanblake
in reply to: pendean

itsnathanblake_0-1630675137552.png

i know its civils 3d but don't think this would make an issue in this matter -

Message 9 of 12
pendean

You have C3D2020 updates missing: get them now.
your posted empty file contains no set location here in plain AutoCAD 2020-2021-2022. probably never had it.

This is likely a C3D issue if you think there is a set location and you should have your post moved here.
Message 10 of 12
user181

The ribbon tab in your first post is not the civil 3d insert tab, it is from Civil 3D as Autocad. It should still have the set location panel though. What happens if you just enter the command at the command line GEOGRAPHICLOCATION? Do you get the option for Map/File?

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
itsnathanblake
in reply to: pendean

gonna speak to my it department monday as I should have access to c3d 2022 by now anyway so hopefully that update will fix it.

Message 12 of 12
itsnathanblake
in reply to: user181

yeah it lets me select it through that method but its just not my preference will work until next week tho when I get someone to update my software which clearly needs it. thanks tho.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report