8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1744 Views, 8 Replies

Selection with Object Snap

Hi, I want select this area;

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

But standart selection mode does not snap to any point. I want the cursor snap to the corners of rectangle. I looked everywhere but i couldnt find any solution. Is this possible?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

issue the command first, then when it asks you to select the window, you can use W to start window selection mode, then issue end and select the two points of the rectangle.

or if you just want to select the objects, issue the SELECT command, then W to select the window.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

if i run select command and then run W; the cursor doesnt snap to corner of rectangle. i want to when selection, cursor snap to corner of rectangle.

Message 4 of 9
Kent1Cooper

True -- for whatever reason, Object Snap doesn't work within object selection, in the SELECT command or other editing command, even for defining a selection window, even after explicitly calling for the Window or other similar selection option.

This has come up before, fairly recently.  I'll leave it to you to Search for it.  I don't remember whether anyone came up with an answer.

It could also be done by asking the User to select the boundary [what kind of object is that?] and feeding in its vertices [if it's a Polyline] in a (ssget) function -- if there's a solution in the other thread(s), it may be done that way.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 9
GrantsPirate

The running object snap won't work but, as mentioned in another post, start select, W, endp, pick, endp, pick will work just fine.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 6 of 9
chriscowgill7373

W gets everything included within the bounds of the rectangle, if you want stuff that crosses the rectangle use C

Here is a screencast I recorded:

https://autode.sk/2ImOiKm

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: GrantsPirate

@GrantsPirate wrote:

The running object snap won't work but, as mentioned in another post, start select, W, endp, pick, endp, pick will work just fine.

That's the one thing I hadn't tried -- explicitly calling for, i.e. spelling out, ENDpoint [or other] Osnap at the point where it's asking for the Window corners.  It doesn't seem like that should be necessary, but at least it does work.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

i just watched your video. when i was trying select -> c, snap doesnt work. but in your video, you can snap the corners. i dont get it. what is the difference? (before you ask, yes object snap is working)

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I found it. I didnt use the end command (select -> c -> end (select the corner) and end (select another one). Thank you very much guys. This is the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report