Did you mean: 

line type definition

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1448 Views, 5 Replies

line type definition

How do I get the definition or code of a line type that is loaded in a .dwg? I have a lisp that loads layers and line types, but the routine stops in a new drawing, because the DEMO line type is not in the acad.lin file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Post your LISP file, lets see what it is actually trying to do.
Message 3 of 6
Kent1Cooper

Put something like "extract linetype definition" or similar wording into the "Search the Community" window, and you'll find several threads on the subject, with links to routines that do that.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks Kent1Cooper, I found “linout.vlx” and used (load " linout.vlx ") to load it and “linout” to execute the routine and it worked perfectly to what I needed which was to find - *DEMO,DEMO ---- / ---- / ---- / ----

A,0.125,-0.02,["/",Standard,s=0.1,r=0,x=-0.05,y=-0.05],-0.015

Message 5 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

How about something like this

(setq lstyleinfo (tblsearch "Ltype" "dashed"))
(if (= lstyleinfo nil)(command "linetype" "load" "dashed" "acad.lin" ""))

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

The AutoCAD Forum won’t let me attach the file - linout.vlx, so if someone needs the file just save it and change the extention to .vlx or you can get it here - https://www.cadstudio.cz/en/download.asp?file=LinOut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report