Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection cycling turns itself on automatically

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
julia_randles
486 Views, 3 Replies

Selection cycling turns itself on automatically

HI!  I am working with AutoCAD 2017, and Selection Cycling keeps turning back on.  I've turned it off at least a dozen times in the past 24 hours, and it's driving me crazy.  Is this a glitch?  I've been working on 2017 for months now, and this just started happening this week.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: julia_randles

Hi @julia_randles,

SelectionCycling is a system variable. I suspect that you have some feature or customization that is toggling it on somehow. To narrow down what might be causing this, in AutoCAD 2017 you can turn on the SYSVARMONITOR and watch what command you are using when it turns it off.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: julia_randles

Hi @julia_randles

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
julia_randles
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John!  I haven't had time to check & see which feature is doing it.  It does seem highly plausible though, because it seems to do it mid-command.  I was just surprised because in 12 years working with AutoCAD, I've never had an issue with it turning on by itself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta