Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting a wipeout crashes AutoCAD 2020

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkrones
611 Views, 3 Replies

Selecting a wipeout crashes AutoCAD 2020

I can create a wipeout in a new drawing without a problem. I use wipeouts in many of my symbols (blocks), both annotative and not. Selecting the wipeout when editing a block using either bedit or refedit results in an immediate crash of AutoCAD. No message other than 'AutoCAD application stopped working.'

This happens with or without hardware acceleration.

It happens in new drawings and existing drawings. It happens when using any block. It happens if I insert a block and then explode it.

I noticed after installing the latest update to 2020 that a crosshatch hatch appears when I edit or select a wipeout. I've never seen this. I assume it has something to do with a hatch or a wipeout setting. Information is welcome on that.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: mkrones

Hello @mkrones

Have you reviewed your drawing file log? How did the update go? 

1. Restart the PC & make sure the latest operating system updates have been applied
  2. On the command line type logfilename, then navigate to the listed location to review the log
  3. Reset AutoCAD to defaults
  4. Review the System Variables for Wipeout command

5. Uninstall & reinstall the AutoCAD 2020 update

6. Article: AutoCAD randomly crashes or freezes

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4
christofer
in reply to: mkrones

Having worked on Autocad since '86 I've found Wipeout a really useful tool, especially to tidy up 3rd Party Input.

However, I've never found a way to stop it crashing if you click in the wrong place.

Love to hear from anyone with a solution!

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: christofer

@Anonymous It's never been a cause of a crash for anyone in our offices over the years: how does one replicate it on demand in any file, and can you share such a DWG file (testing in ours is not crashing the program)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report