Did you mean: 

Select Text on a Specific Layer, Translate it and Replace the Original

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
368 Views, 2 Replies

Select Text on a Specific Layer, Translate it and Replace the Original

All,

Good morning!  I'm working on a question for a user, who would like to translate all their text, on a specific layer, and replace this text in the original document.  They're technically using AutoCAD Electrical, but are also using regular multi-line text boxes as well, which is why I wanted to try the AutoCAD forum first.  I've been evaluating an Add-in called "COINS Translator", but am curious if anyone has any other ideas?  This seems like it may have to be some custom programming because I'm not seeing any other ways.  If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks in advance for any assistance, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: petestrycharske

So what's the issue with COINS Translator that you don't like?

IMHO It's best to hire/contract with a bi-lingual professional who understands your field of work, those translators are ok in a pinch but technically inept.
Message 3 of 3
petestrycharske
in reply to: pendean

@pendean, thank you for the response!  I believe I told the user the same thing, that translators won't capture all the vernacular, slang, etc. so they won't be perfect.  Also, I don't have a problem with COINS, I was just wondering if there were any other / better methods out there.  Thanks again and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta