Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select Block Inside Table For Field

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
925 Views, 3 Replies

Select Block Inside Table For Field

Hello, I am working with a drawing that looks like this (the multileader is in paper space with the schedule)f4fp

Every circle tag in the Schedule of Mat'l is a block that is inserted into that cell, and the letter is an attribute. The multileader uses that same exact block. If I were to explode that Schedule of Mat'l, what that allows me to do is instead of manually inputting the corresponding letter in the multileader to what it's supposed to be in the schedule, I can insert a field which syncs it with whatever attribute within a block I want. This means I can sync the "A" multileader to the "A" circle tag on the Schedule of Mat'l, and the multileader will automatically display "A", or whatever else the Schedule Of Mat'l says.

My problem is that this is only possible if I explode the table and I cannot select any specific circle tag block within the table. I do not want to explode my table because I want the circle tags to move according to the height of the cells.

Is there any way I can select a block that has been inserted inside of a table, in order to link that block's attribute to my multileaders?

I have noticed that Object IDs could be used to specify which objects to use for the field. Perhaps there is a way to extract the Object ID of the block in any given cell? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jrreid
in reply to: Anonymous

I used to have a Lisp routine that I cant find that would allow Leaders with bubbles.

But watch this video and you may find what you need here to solve your needs.

Link: Creating a Balloon in AutoCAD using a Multileader - YouTube

If that don't work copy paste to your browser:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzRxPbDzWQ

Hope this helps!

JRR.

Message 3 of 4
cwr-pae
in reply to: Anonymous

Once an attributed block is inserted to a table it becomes blind to fields and and as you found, tables can't be read by fields. One possibility is to find a 'circle number' font (they do exist!) or maybe a font with 'circled text' (may exist) to use in the table. 

A Semi work around would be to use Sheet Set Manager's 'Sheet views' for the leaders and table (controlling description and numbering). You would still have to enter the Circled number manually in the block with a none plotting (say color 255) column to show the number from SSM views. or again it could be automated with a 'circle number' font.

Message 4 of 4
jrreid
in reply to: cwr-pae

Go to this link and see if you can make the fields work the same way.

Using an attribute and another with Field may be what you need. Watch the Video of the link I pasted on for the Leaders.

Link:  Annotative MLeader within non-annotative Block gone wrong - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD

If Link don't work copy and paste to your browser:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/annotative-mleader-within-non-annotative-block-gone-wro...

Hope this one helps.

JRR.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report