Did you mean: 

seeing all layout tabs at once

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
barry2104
40769 Views, 30 Replies

seeing all layout tabs at once

I have a drawing with 30 different layouts plus Model-tab, so 31 "Tabs" at the bottom

I often have to switch between the sheets e.g. switch from sheet 1 to 30 however because i have so many, I have to first scroll the tabs across to the right to find layout 30 before clicking on it to see the layout.

Is there a way to somehow add an extra row(s) of layout tabs so that all 30 are visible, all the time? Or do I have to keep scrolling left/right to find the tab I want to click on/open?

See the attached jpg for clarity

Running AutoCAD Architecture 2020, in German
30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
pendean
in reply to: barry2104

The use of SheetSet Manager eliminate you relying on seeking out individual tabs in a file like that, and all would be presented neatly in a palette you can dock on a second screen to simply scroll through.

The idea of stacked rows or layout tabs is just screen clutter IMHO, it will most likely never happen.
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Oh people are using windows and have issues..... 😄

That bit of info escaped me, apologies. 

@pendean wrote:
You're on a MAC, using AutoCAD for Mac, correct? Might not help everyone in this Windows forum.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This works.  Thanks

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Really? When is Autodesk going to resolve this? We need more than 1 row of Layout Tabs!

Message 25 of 31
pendean

No one here is Autodesk.

But you can report it to Autodesk yourself right here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Message 26 of 31
citemgr

Thanks for your tip!  Having many layouts to access has been slowing me down and your suggestion worked great!

Message 27 of 31
Waseem_Dabbas

Sometimes, I make more than 100 layout tab, what's wrong by that?

Message 28 of 31
Richard_Manson
in reply to: barry2104

Although I can see from your screenshot you have already done this, it may help others who are unsure of this feature in AutoCAD.

Right click on one of the layout tabs and then select 'Dock above status bar' from the right click menu. This shall then move the layout tabs onto a separate line above the rest of the status bar information. Whilst this may not allow the full list of layout tabs to be seen at once, it will certainly extend the quantity of visible layout tabs.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 29 of 31
jacquesP5H2G

Nice thank you very much

Message 30 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Waseem_Dabbas

You have a hundred drawings relying on a single file.  A single corrupt DWG and you've lost 100 drawings.  For us that two man-years of work lost.  Maybe your drawings are simple with not a lot of data in in each and they can be replicated in a few minutes, but for us, each sheet (drawn-checked and issued) represents 30-50 hours of design work.  Tying that much information 100 times in one file is asking for a catastrophic failure, not to mention that results in a HUGE file, increasing the odds of that failure.  

Message 31 of 31
joesalveson

Randall,

That's one of the things I like about AutoCad. There are different ways to accomplish the desired result. If I had 30-50 hours in each layout, I would not consider having over 100 layouts in a single drawing.

In my case, I have one rather large model with many simple layouts that take maybe a half hour each to create. Having many layouts in the same drawing, is actually a more efficient and more secure way to meet my needs, rather than trying to keep tabs on 100 plus drawings.

Thanks for the input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta