Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second Level Dynamic Input Menus Cut Off

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
gtrias
1214 Views, 15 Replies

Second Level Dynamic Input Menus Cut Off

Is anyone seeing this behavior?

1.) Turn on Dynamic Input.

2.) Draw a line

3.) Select a line such that the grips show up.

4.) Using dynamic input, type in draworder and activate that command.

5.) You should see sub command menus in dynamic input, but they will be cut off as shown in the image.

The menu still works, but it's incredibly annoying.  And yes, I know the right click menu will also get you draw order commands (among others) as well. 

I'm seeing this in a couple of commands with 2nd level menus. Anyone else seen it? Have a fix?

cut off menucut off menu

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: gtrias

Not an issue here: do you need to turn off hardware acceleration in GRAPHICSCONFIG command to fix it?

Message 3 of 16
gtrias
in reply to: pendean

I tried that and it had no effect. I've seen this behavior across 4 machines. Acad 2019 service packs are all loaded.

Message 4 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

in case you have dual monitors (or more than one) ... does the same happen if you let AutoCAD work on the other display?

Can you please start commands _ABOUT as well as _GRAPHICSCONFIG and show us screenshots from these 2 dialogs?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 16
pendean

Office full of AutoCAD2019.1.2 users here and we've never seen it: is the problem file specific?
Does it exist if you start a blank new file?
What other commands are you seeing it in (you wrote there were others)?

Everyone in Win10? Which exact version?

Message 6 of 16
natasha.l

Hello @gtrias

Thanks for posting.

Are the systems all Windows 10 & what graphics cards are running with AutoCAD?  

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 16
gtrias
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

ABOUTABOUTGRAPHICSCONFIGGRAPHICSCONFIGDual monitors, behavior is consistent in either monitor.

Message 8 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Dual monitors, behavior is consistent in either monitor.

Thank you for feedback and screenshots!

From the _GRAPHICSCONFIG command ... is hardware acceleration disabled just for test or because it can't be turned on?

If you can turn in on, try also - in the same dialog - to click to "Restore Defaults".

You might try to update the nVidia drivers.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 16
gtrias
in reply to: pendean

Running a mix of Windows 7 and 10 machines, seeing the problem in both flavors

Behavior happens in a blank file and in different active files and is consistent with anything that has a 2nd level menu.

Change command in image attached.change command.jpg

Message 10 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

thank you for your screenshot! This shows a very interesting thing in the statusbar:

20190723_011839_0001.png

So what you have in the statusbar is nothing from AutoCAD itself, you have a 3rd party app/plugin installed. And as this seems to control some content of the screen it might be the source of your issue too.

Can you please start AutoCAD using the /safemode startup switch as shown >>>here<<< ... restarting AutoCAD with that switch means no applications will be loaded, can you now try the behavior again ... better?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 16
gtrias

I turned it off to test. I've got a profile loaded and am running some lisp routines as part of our standard setup. I'm going to reset everything to defaults and reload all our setups and see if I can isolate it there somewhere.

Message 12 of 16
gtrias

Menus have returnedMenus have returned

Ok - I've reset Autocad to defaults and tested the issue as I reloaded the different components of our set up back in (profile, lisp routine, menu, etc.) For what ever reason, that action has flushed the problem, and now the entirety of the menus are showing up. We'll keep an eye on the set up and see if the problem reoccurs.

At least I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll update if the problem returns and can trace the problem more definitively.

Message 13 of 16
gtrias

This problem seems to return after our customizations are loaded. Does anyone know of a system variable to change the font size and style of the command lines and dynamic input boxes? This problem seems tied to it, as I see a font change between the default setup and the new one - post customization loading. If I can reset that variable. The problem might clear up definitively.

Message 14 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> This problem seems to return after our

>> customizations are loaded

Then start with resetting and then don't apply all customizations in one step, instead add one part after the other and see when the issue comes back, the last module is then the one you were looking for.

>> Does anyone know of a system variable to change the

>> font size and style of the command lines and dynamic

>> input boxes?

You might look to drafting settings ...

20190806_192233_0001.png

... or to options, but that's only the font for command-line:

20190806_192416_0001.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 15 of 16
gtrias

Thanks -what is weird, is that I've loaded all the customizations in and everything works fine until it doesn't if that makes sense. The problem seems fixed after loading everything and then the problem shows up out of nowhere.

Message 16 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The problem seems fixed after loading everything and

>> then the problem shows up out of nowhere.

Well, I don't see the one system variable or the part of the customization that is the source of this issue.

However, next time you reset and re-customize ... when it's working save the settings as described >>>here<<<. So for the time the issue comes back you might restore all from this set of saved settings.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report